Friday, December 31, 2004

Moved, again.

I'm back in my house, with my furniture, and my things. I'm glad to be
back - it feels so cozy and comfortable! I'm moving back into my old room
and I started taking things out of the closets. The closets in my room
are crumbly, and dark, but they're huge. They extend the entire length of
my room on both sides. I crammed them full of stuff before I left and now
I realize, since I haven't seen that stuff since May, that it's all junk!
I don't need any of it! I don't wear it, I don't use it, it's ripped, it
doesn't fit. I've spent the entire evening, not unpacking, but placing
clothing and books into piles of 'sell' 'donate' and 'trash. I have two
dressers in my room that used to both be packed with clothes - but now,
they're each only half full.

My car is leaking antifreeze. Again.

I'm working on some New Year's resolutions. I am constantly evaluating
and re-evaluating myself - perhaps I do so TOO much - so New Year's is
really the time to just organize them all.

A sample of the books I discovered in my closet that I started reading
long ago, left a bookmark in, and never finished:
A People's History of the United States, Zinn
On the Road, Kerouac
Other Side of Paradise, F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments: