Wednesday, December 22, 2004

How did this happen?

Today, I:
Went to the gym
Mourned the loss of my beautiful, personalized, orange Nalgene bottle (R.I.P.)
Ate some of the kick-ass butternut squash and sweet potato soup that I made
Drank beer, ate leftovers from last night's dinner party, and watched episodes from the first season of "The O.C." Many of them. All afternoon.

Yes, you read that correctly. I was forced, against my principles, to watch The O.C. two weeks ago. And then last week I watched it because I REALLY WANTED TO. And then I spotted the first season of the O.C. at a friend's house and borrowed it. It's like crack, that show. I have about 5 more discs to get through though, and not nearly enough time! Argh!

Oh, and can we note that in the past two weeks I have lost 1. my wallet 2. my dangly earring 3. my favorite ring that I coveted and lurked around and finally bought when it was on absolute clearance discount at the uber-hip jewelry store and 4. the Nalgene bottle I've had for 5 years now, the only container from which I ever drink water which doubled as a 'purse' in law school when I clipped my key ring/wallet to it? HOW DOES ONE LOSE A GODDAMN NALGENE BOTTLE?!?!

I never lose shit. How am I such a basket case? And why, why the ring and the Nalgene bottle? Now I'm going to be uncool and dehydrated.

P.S. I'm humming the theme to The O.C. and it's making me happy. Similar to the way that the theme song of Sex and the City used to take me to a happy place, from about 1999 until the last episode last year. California, here we come...

No comments: