- the defendants' friend that struck up a friendly conversation with me yesterday, dropping the line, "I'm not married," casually into conversation;
- the man in court yesterday who tried to get my attention and then, when he did, gave his sexy little wink/nod - he was still sleeping on the court bench 6 hours later (I have quite a way with homeless men, apparently);
- how not one of my friends has returned my calls in over two weeks, even the ones that I've called, emailed, called, and emailed again;
- how I watched my potential dream fellowship job disintegrate before my eyes;
- learning how many more of my friends are either engaged or about to become engaged, exponentially increasing my desire to bolt the fuck out of here, never to return ever again.
But instead, I'll say: Dahlia has a very thought-provoking article on the penalty phase of capital trials.