Thursday, September 08, 2005

day 9

Still waiting. Another phone call and voicemail to yet another individual. Fingers crossed.

On Slate:
How race shaped Bush's response to Katrina.
Don't rebuild New Orleans.

UPDATE: Ok, so what do I do? I still haven't heard anything. I sent in my acceptance letter three weeks ago. I was told that I would hear from them NO LATER than August 31. I have a right to be a little concerned, right? Is it appropriate to continue calling people who have not returned my calls? I know they have more important things to do, like defend clients, so I don't want to be a waste of time, but my polite and deferential methods have not yet worked. Also, is it safe to assume I will not be starting on the Sept 12 start date?

P.S. I do. not. ever. want to hear the Red Cross or a public defender agency bemoaning their lack of resources. Ever. again. I'm a 25 year old woman with a J.D. and willing to engage in hard labor, I'm begging them to put me to work one way or another, and yet both refuse to acknowledge me. Never have I regretted being a sucker for a cause more than I regret it now.

1 comment:

Mirriam Seddiq said...

I'm a thirty-something year old woman with a JD and 7 years criminal experience and the PD didn't want me.

How's that for a sucker?