Sunday, November 28, 2004

worried.

It's been a month since I interviewed at the job fair with several places. I've received one rejection letter. I've heard nothing from anyone else. There are three places in particular that I'd like to hear from. Two of the places make it very clear that they aren't excited about receiving phone call inquiries. The third place I emailed last week to give updated contact info, per the interviewer's request, because he indicated that he'd try to get me a second round interview before I left town. I've heard nothing.

I just got an email from a 2L friend of mine, who stated that she received a callback with one of the aforementioned places. Now, I know that the hiring is different for summers than it is for attorney positions, but it made me really nervous. My interviewer indicated that he thought I had a strong chance of receiving a second interview, but the decision is ultimately made by the hiring coordinator.

Now I'm working on these essays and thinking, what if this is it? What if this is the only place left for whom I have a chance of working? What if I don't get a job by the time I graduate? Where will I take the bar? How will I pay my bills? If I can't get hired now, how am I ever going to get hired later?

I'm nervous and I can't decide whether I should start contacting these places (despite their disdain at such conduct) or if I should just sit tight a little longer. and rock back and forth muttering to myself for a few more months.

1 comment:

Blonde Justice said...

Argh. I went through that too.

But not to worry. You're smart, you're committed, and you're going to find the perfect job. Rinse and repeat. You're smart, you're committed, and you're going to find the perfect job.

FYI, I got my offer in May. And earlier than most of the people I started with.

E-mail me and let me know how it's going.