Sunday, November 07, 2004

Ugh.

I really can't shake the blues. Today, it was so beautiful outside that I decided I should bring my work outside for the afternoon. That didn't work out - I couldn't find parking and ended up in a parking garage that charges $7 per half hour. This made me very unhappy. I decided I was going to get my gourmet cafe mocha and sit outside anyway, damnit. So I did. Still feeling really down in the dumps, and still generally unhappy, I finished my drink and slinked back to my car. As I was walking to the garage, a middle-aged African American man said to me, "Don't look down. Look up." I looked at him and smiled. He winked back and I kept walking. I wanted to stop and turn around, and hug him. I wanted to say, "Thank you for noticing me. Thank you for caring. Thank you for not being cold and indifferent." But I couldn't bring myself to turn around and say it, and instead I cried. All the way back to my car and back home. Then I cried two more times when I thought about it.

On a rather emotionless note, I forgot to include this link last week: New juries must weigh sentence in capital case

Back to MPRE studying. I just realized that I have a lot to learn before Friday morning.

1 comment:

Mirriam Seddiq said...

I'm feeling down in the dumps too.

I hate to say it, but I think I'm homesick.

Imagine, 33 years old and crying for my little proletariat village.