Friday, July 08, 2005

and the fellowship marches on

Despite every desire to do so, I've managed not to roll over and play dead yet. I had a nice chat on the phone with one of the attorneys at my Host Agency today, and it seems feasible to rework this proposal. We are waiting for feedback from others involved in the project. I promised to get a basic barebones version of the final proposal out to them by Monday or Tuesday. (Why, God? Why? Who do I think I am?)

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. I don't particularly like using the blog as a sounding board, but I do anyway, and it's nice to look back and see people cheering. And thankfully, I have wonderful friends who are interested in what I'm doing, who are excited about it, who tell me how proud they are, who offer their help, who pull me out of bar review class to give me important mail, and who still like to hang out with me despite the fact that I'm bitching and moaning relentlessly. From time to time, I stop and think how it is that I manage to have any friends at all, because I annoy the fuck out of myself so much. The fact that I seem to have so MANY wonderful friends is nothing short of the work of a Higher Power.

And having the Counting Crows' hits album, "Films About Ghosts" on the iPod? That's just icing on the cake, baby.

No comments: