Wednesday, October 19, 2005

in a bizarre turn of events

Last night I saw the booty call, the guy that I met in May that I never really wanted to meet up with again, but feeling lonely and in need of companionship, gave my phone number to last week.

He came over last night, and I figured by the end of the night, I'd be reminded of why I steered clear of him for the past few months.

Au contraire.

It was actually a very pleasant evening. We took a walk along the water, under the starlight and the twinkling lights of the city; we caught up on what we've been doing the past few months; we chatted about our respective jobs; we made out. It was really nice to see him, and I told him that I wanted to see him again, and not just for making out.

Suddenly - the guy who was relentlessly after me, trying to see me (all last weekend) despite the fact that I made it clear to him that I wasn't interested in dating, and the only reason I contacted him was to hook up... suddenly, I'm interested in dating, I would really like to see him and hang out again, and suddenly, he isn't contacting me.

Go fucking figure.

2 comments:

Sancho said...

The perfect example of why men will NEVER EVER get close to understanding women.

Generally, guys are an easy bunch to understand. When we're hungry, we eat, when we're tired we sleep, when we want something, we just go for it...you get the idea.

Maybe he doesn't want to seem too anxious by calling you right away? Would you hold it against him if he called late tonight or waited until tomorrow?

Oh and by the way. On behalf of guys everywhere...thanks for giving the guy a second chance. Even if it was only because you were horny.

Jen said...

I don't understand men either.

Sancho, could you please enlighten us?