Monday, June 28, 2004

Someone has a case of the Mondays.

You know what I did at work today? Absolutely nothing. Not one task commenced or completed. I was at work for 9 hours and did nothing. And it pissed me off. There are some disorganization issues with my job that are really starting to irk me. I love the job when I'm allowed to do it - but sweet Jesus, what's the point of showing up for a job where I can't get any work done?

I was supposed to do hearings this morning, they never happened. I was supposed to teach street law this afternoon. Didn't happen. So, after a day of doing nothing, I ran an errand around 3:30 pm. I'd had a raging headache for most of the afternoon, and my toe, which I jammed into the cement pool last night such that it is now swollen, purple, bloody, and twice its normal size, was throbbing. Came back around 4:00 and tried to start doing work. The facility went into "secure" count - which means that no one can enter or leave. And at 5 pm, it was still like that. By 5:15, people were allowed to leave but no one could enter and kids still couldn't come down to meet with us. So we left. I was grumpy, and hitting a sugar low, but otherwise ok. Then I got caught in traffic. Then I decided to get Chinese food for dinner and they robbed me of my egg rolls, which I didn't discover until I got home. My room is a disaster, there are only two beers left in the fridge, and I've run out of checks so I can't pay my bills.

Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?
Lawrence: No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

No comments: