Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Random thought

So, I totally had a crush on this senior when I was a freshman in high school. I met him on a BAND trip to Annapolis, MD and fell madly in love with him. He had a ponytail, played guitar, loved Stevie Ray Vaughan (I love SRV) and was such a nice guy. Every day after lunch, I'd walk up the stairs to the math wing for my daily dose of Algebraic hell and pass him coming down the stairs. He was beautiful and wonderful.

Then, seven years later, I was working as a social worker in the middle of nowhere and the nurse supervisor for the agency had been coming to our office to help out our poor nurse who was swamped with work. My roommate was in the cubicle next to the nurse supervisor drooling over pictures of her son. I walked over to see what the commotion was about. Her son was my freshman year crush. Her daughter was in my class but we never interacted with each other. He's still playing guitar and he's bartending in my very favorite city of the whole state (near where I went to college).

Funny, life.

No comments: