Sunday, June 17, 2007

frontrunner

I'm down to one, and I think it's for the best.  I don't think the remaining one is destined to last very long either, but I appreciate having the opportunity to figure that out without fear of getting busted.  I don't have regrets about letting the other off the hook, although of course I feel bad about it because he is a really good guy.
 
One of the problems with the remaining one is that he seems to be a serial monogamist.  Generally that's a great characteristic - but I fear that this has become an Insta-Relationship, which is not what I want.  I don't want to be in the habit of seeing someone or talking to them constantly, incorporating them into my life, before really knowing if this is a good fit or not.  He does not seem to have the same reservations.  I like his audacity: he's clear that he's really interested in me, he is very affectionate, he really wants to introduce me to the people who are important to him.  In my opinion, it's too much too fast - at the same time I think, well hell, what's the harm?  He is aware of my three date maximum.  When he first referred to my 'three date rule' I thought he was, ahem, referring to something else.  What he was referring to was the fact that I have not been on more than 3 dates with someone in the past x years.  (He brought it up, this isn't something I'd volunteer or even care to discuss). 
 
We'll see where this goes.  He's a nice guy, very fun, and kind-hearted.  I don't think we'll ever make it out of the small-talk and makeout stage, but it seems like it will be fun for whatever it ends up being.

1 comment:

Poster said...

well..i hope it works out for the best.