Tuesday, April 04, 2006

on being an attorney: ya know, stuff.

I've been a bad blogger. Honestly, I don't have the time to sit down and write as things strike me. My day pretty much always looks the same: gym, commute, work, commute, dinner, bed. Repeat. There are moments in my day that feel good. There are moments in my day that don't feel so good. I'm loathe to share too much on the blawg because I'm afraid of somehow revealing too much - compromising my anonymity or my professionalism or something. I'm still trying to strike the balance.

It's remarkable how far I've come in 6 months. I feel exponentially more confident about what I'm doing in a day, but every day I realize how far I still have to go. I think that's a great place to be - just the right blend of knowledgeable and ready to learn. I've developed very good relationships with my colleagues - in my office and in and around the courthouse. I think people respond well to me, usually. Sometimes it surprises me how friendly and responsive other people are to me. I think I'm really lucky to work in such a collegial environment.

Now don't get me wrong. I feel pretty adversarial usually. But it's nice to get a kick in the teeth from someone who is smiling and treats you respectfully. A smiley, respectful kick in the teeth. Yes. That's how I like it.

There are more stories to come, I promise. But for now, the Red Sox are on.

No comments: