Saturday, March 12, 2005

Lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor!

I've tried many times to post, but Blogger kept eating my entries, and that really pissed me off. Besides, my life isn't too fascinating. I'm making a concerted effort to work less and socialize more. It's working out pretty well so far. I have an interview next Thursday for which I have to perform. I still have some residual performance anxiety from the Interview From Hell, so I haven't bothered to start preparing yet. I'm excited about the interview though. I'm still plugging away at the fellowship proposal, and I'm super excited about that. I started reading True Notebooks by Mark Salzman, which is an account of his experience teaching writing classes at a juvenile correctional facility in LA. Just reading it brought back floods of memories of my experiences working with incarcerated juveniles and got me really excited to one day be a lawyer for those kids. The first two pages (which you can read on Amazon.com) have a very amusing dialogue regarding Mr. Rogers that concludes with this line: "Homies be like, 'It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood - now gimme that train set, fool."

Currently listening to: Thievery Corporation, "The Cosmic Game" and Juanes, "Mi Sangre." I'm not sure that I like the Juanes album yet, but I do like Thievery Corporation's new album.

No comments: