Sunday, March 27, 2005

I don't wanna

That pretty much sums up my mood and why I've been a little more absent lately. Since my unofficial offer was mentioned in passing in my interview last Thursday, I've been content to sit on my ass. I did so, on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, on Monday and Tuesday I spent a lot of time doing that but also got some work done, then on Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat of this week I did mostly sitting on my ass, with a handful of work on this fellowship app thrown in for good measure. You know, since I have to overnight it on Thurs and all, I should finish it.

The work, oddly, keeps coming in. I trudge through it day in and day out and I don't feel any closer to being DONE. Then I think, who cares? Tax is pass/fail, I should be able to learn that much in 2 days, right? If my prof hates my paper on race theory, who the fuck cares? What's the worst that can happen? B-? C+? Who cares? So what if that unofficial job offer falls through? There's not a blessed thing I can do about it now, is there?

Yesterday I had to go pick up stuff I had left in my neighborhood from this past fall, stuff that wouldn't make it all in one trip. I went to breakfast with my dearest friend at our usual breakfast diner spot. I was in town for LESS THAN 90 minutes and I ran into: 1. the guy I went on a date with back in September and avoided ever since (it appears as though I never blogged it - oh well. some other time) 2. the hot twins that live on the block. they stopped and chatted, 3. two of my old roommates were behind me at a traffic light as I was leaving. It was all sorts of bizarre to run into that many people in such a short period of time. I was convinced the Universe was playing pranks on me.

I can't wait until baseball starts, so I have something constructive to do while avoiding work.

No comments: