Monday, January 24, 2005

I am exhausted. I spent the whole day chatting with people I haven't seen in ages, and it's tiring! I was at the law school all day, but I only spent one hour in class and one hour studying. Whew. I'm plum tuckered out.

I spent $462 on books for TWO CLASSES. unfuckingbelievable.

I got my first issue of Maxim today. Woohoo! It's a little dirty that it has my name clearly labeled on it. A little shameful. But it's a guilty pleasure. I cracked open a beer and read it cover to cover. I only read the funny articles, and I skip over the naked women and stupid articles. Sometimes it doesn't take me long to read it.

I am listening to Buena Vista Social Club now because it's the type of music that plays inside of me but does not emerge nearly enough. I would like to meet someone who could evoke some BVSC from me.

3 comments:

Blonde Justice said...

Wow, what inspired you to subscribe to Maxim? You're not exactly their target demographic.

The guy in the apartment above me gets Playboy. I know because I saw it in his mail one day.

WomanoftheLaw said...

A friend was offering free subscriptions. I used to bring back 6 months worth of back issues from another friend every time I went home. The free subscription was a better plan, I think. Maxim cracks me up.

My male roommate was curled up with that magazine for quite a while last night. I am sure he's secretly pleased to have an odd roommate like me.

Mirriam Seddiq said...

My husband got free subscriptions to it for years (or so he says it was free) I think its great bathroom reading. I mean, it takes like ten minutes to read all the little articles. And, its taught me how to do important stuff, like steer my car in the event of a blowout at high speeds.

And the girls are pretty good too, be honest.