Monday, October 11, 2004

Let's try on some Introvert and see how that fits.

Finding this city to be a miserable failure as far as creating opportunity for establishing new social connections, I wash my hands of the matter. I made apple crisp for three houses on this street (including my own) yesterday, and that's about the extent of my social circle. Which is unfortunate, since I received an apple peeler / corer / slicer for my bday, and I can now mass-produce apple crisp.

Rejecting the outside and now retreating inward, this is my Half.com reading list:

Purchased this weekend:
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Unbearable Lightness of Being, by Milans Kundera

Almost purchased, but left on the Wish List:
Nickel and Dimed, Barbara Ehrenreich
Running with Scissors, Augusten Burroughs

Adding to wish list right now:
The Motorcycle Diaries, Ernesto "Che" Guevara
True Notebooks, Mark Salzman
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, Tom Robbins
Anything I can find cheap by Kurt Vonnegut, because I've never once in my life read a book by him. I think I read a short story by him once. It's downright tragic that I've never read any of his books.

No comments: