Sunday, October 31, 2004

I'm baaaack.

Quick rundown:
1. on a plane while the Sox were winning the World Series
2. got off plane during the 7th inning to discover that my luggage, with my suits necessary for the next day's interviews, was missing
3. incredibly fortunate enough to borrow a suit from a friend in the same hotel, same size as me, with a complete extra suit, pantyhose, and shoes
4. saw and fell in love with all over again, all of my friends from the summer
5. remembered why I loved being in that city
6. remembered why I didn't like being in that city
7. remembered how well Mr. Maybe and I got along, and wondered how it is that we are no longer capable of speaking to each other
8. got drunk. deleted Mr. Maybe's phone number
9. was proposed to by a panhandler
10. left it all behind for what may be the last time. It felt good though. I had a great summer there, a fantastic 13 weeks. I came, I saw, I conquered. It's the past. going back won't resurrect it. My job is over, my friends have scattered. A chapter closed.

Tired.

No comments: