Friday, November 20, 2009

where my pd peeps at?

Today was one of those days that I will look back upon, as being one of the most important days of my career.  I have a horrible, terrible case with an innocent client facing life in prison and it feels like I might not sleep for the next few years.  Only a real pd knows this misery.  Right now I need to huddle up with my public defender community, arms on shoulders, pull our heads together, talk it out, yell it out, scream it out, cry it out, march together, fight together, win together.  If I could invite all of you over, we would eat pizza and drink beer and wine and definitely something stronger, whiskey sounds good, and when it was all over I'd feel ok, I'd have a plan, I'd feel stronger having had you here to support me.

4 comments:

Daniel Partain said...

Been there, done that. I know how you feel. Although I'm not there in person, I'm there in spirit. You will carry on, and endure, and prevail, if not this with this client, but with many more. I faith in you as you have faith in us.

Skelly said...

Oh, it is a horrible feeling, but you've shown how much your heart is in this work. This client is lucky to have you. Know that you will come through this, oh, and, what sort of pizza are we having?

jbontrager78 said...

I would totally come to such a pizza support group. Hang in there.

E. McPan said...

Aww, sad. I volunteer to bring the beer. Let's go all out and get cheesesticks too.