Friday, September 01, 2006

oops.

So, Perplexing #2 and I had another go-round.  It started off well enough - didn't end too well.  Like a good lapsed Catholic, I'm having a huge guilt attack.  I'm kind of ashamed of my behavior.  I flirted with lots of other people.  (one of whom seemed to think that it's ok for friends to kiss on the lips?  I went in for the cheek and he derailed me!) That was just one little guilt nugget.  Anyway:
 
Coworker Jack:  "Damn.  You totally Big-Leagued him."
Me:  "Big-Leagued?  Is that good or bad?  Oh God.  I feel terrible.  I should go find him in court today and apologize."
Jack:  "Nooooooo.  No no no.  Just buy him a drink the next time you see him at the bar.  Us guys get over things like that pretty quickly if we think we have a shot of getting laid.  It's just who we are."

1 comment:

Sancho said...

Us guys get over things like that pretty quickly if we think we have a shot of getting laid. It's just who we are.

So simple, yet so true. Oh and yes, its okay for friends to kiss on the lips.