Thursday, February 16, 2006

V-Day commentary

Seems that people are commenting on their Valentine's Day around the blogosphere. I worked late. The work had to be done and I volunteered because I had no other plans and I like making myself look like a martyr. When I told people that I was working, everyone said, "Awwww, that's sad," which would have accomplished the martyrdom I was seeking, but it actually just bugged me. I wasn't bothered by the fact that I was working, I wasn't bothered by the fact that I was single; it just didn't matter to me.

Turns out, I had received phone calls from two dates that night. I've seen one guy a few times; the other one I was making plans to go on a date with. I didn't want to speak with either of them, really... there's something awkward about talking to someone you're dating casually on a holiday that celebrates commitment and love. I was working, so I made my future plans with each of them and left it at that. My mom also called. She's great.

So yeah, I'm doing some dating. Nothing particularly fascinating about it - it's not heart-stoppingly dreamy or cringe-worthy horrid. Which is too bad.

No comments: