Monday, May 31, 2004

A home for Womanofthelaw

I checked out an apartment kind of in the suburbs today, the apartment of the girlfriend of someone in my summer class. And lo and behold, I may have a place to live. Knock on wood. Don't count my chicken before it is hatched, but I may be blogging from my new home and no longer from the internet cafe by this weekend.

Today's trek to the internet cafe was particularly treacherous because I DROVE instead of taking the subway. Oh yes. All I have to do is take one street from one side of the city to another. Easier said than done. I ended up, instead of driving across the city, making a loop such that I was about one neighborhood away from home again. One very sketchy and dangerous neighborhood away from home - so I turned around and tried to find my way back. I managed to get here eventually, but certainly getting home will be equally as treacherous.

The weekend was as follows: FRI: shopping & drinks with K; late dinner and dog walking with T; SAT: early lunch with A, watched WWII thing with T, drinks and movie with L; SUN: Brunch, newspapers, and books on my own; Memorial Day concert and Thai food with A; MON: Looked at apartment, watched the Red Sox get handed their asses, and drove precariously through town to blog. Tomorrow, first day at juvenile facility. I'm nervous. I don't know what to expect. I have no idea what I will spend 8 hours doing tomorrow.

No comments: