Tuesday, October 23, 2007

nooooooooo!

 
Words cannot express my devastation.
 
When the Red Sox released a charity wine, I bought Caberknuckle.  And I waited.  And waited.  For months.  For the right moment.  Then the moment came, just like I knew it would.  The ALCS.  I wore my Wake t-shirt.  I pre-gamed with my bottle of caberknuckle and a select few Red Sox fans.  I kept the bottle to add to my Red Sox shrine, right next to the Mr. Potato Head.  And Wake pitched an awesome game (at first).  I only regretted that I hadn't secured a second bottle, for when Wakefield helped win the World Series.
 
But alas, it is not meant to be.  #49, you'll always be my #1.

2 comments:

Pepper said...

Don't cry now. Just wait until you see Ortiz play first. THEN you can cry.

I will miss Wake as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Timmy. I hadn't heard that until I came here. *sigh*