Monday, July 31, 2006

summertime

Blogging is light.  My internet is still down, so I have to lurk off to somewhere I can get free WiFi and try to compose something before my internet crashes.  It's a pain.
 
I cannot believe that tomorrow is August.  How did I lose my entire summer?  What do I have to show for it?  I don't think I once ordered a drink that came with an umbrella in it.  I didn't once drunkenly make out with a stranger on a blanket in a park somewhere.  I didn't attend a BBQ and end the night with a cowboy hat on, singing Bon Jovi or Bruce Springsteen at the top of my lungs before passing out fully clothed on my bed.  NOT. ONCE.
 
Who can live like this?
 
Somehow, strangely, despite the court's aversion to scheduling ANYTHING in the month of August, I happen to have many hearings and several trials scheduled.  I intend to do none of them if I can avoid it.  I need to make up for lost time and have myself a summer.  If you see some girl clutching a drink umbrella, a stranger, and a cowboy hat, humming refrains of "Livin on a Prayer," you might want to give wide berth. 

2 comments:

Windypundit said...

"Who can live like this?"

It's called growing up and behaving like an adult.

And it sucks.

Sancho said...

If you see some girl clutching a drink umbrella, a stranger, and a cowboy hat, humming refrains of "Livin on a Prayer," you might want to give wide berth.

OR start videotaping!

Yeah, that really came out creepy.