Tuesday, November 23, 2004

This article - Child Detention Centers Criticized in New Jersey - highlights issues that deeply trouble me.

Federal aid for college students slashed. This is also troubling to me, as I absolutely would not have been able to attend any college at all without financial aid - and as it was, I had no choice but to attend the college I did because it was all I could afford paying for myself.

Bush in Colombia, promises more aid. Of course, the greatest part of providing this aid means that he's either providing money to the rebels or to the country's guerilla army, both of whom are deemed terrorist organizations according to the article. If Bush gives them money, then, has he committed a federal crime?

Bench Pressed: When the Judge's Hands are Tied. An excellent Slate article.

No comments: